Friday, February 27, 2015

Cake-a-palooza Day 5

Day 5!

Friday is here, which means my work week is almost over. Almost. At the bakery, we've been preparing all week for a big gala downtown, and tomorrow is the big day. My boyfriend is taking a state licensing exam tomorrow that he has been preparing for for months. Needless to say we are all going to be happy when Sunday comes.


For now though, let's just talk about this cake. I've done ruffles, in fondant and buttercream, I've done them vertically and horizontally, and I've done them in ombre tones, and pretty pastels. I wanted to try them in a way that I'd never done before. Something a little more refined and clean. Soft and romantic, but clean and modern all at the same time, these ruffles are just a bit different than the typical ruffled wedding cake. Paired with soft pinks and grays, and stylized Juliet roses, this cake can make a statement without being over the top.


Tomorrow we do the opposite. Stay tuned.

**This cake designed and made by Bria Helgerson for Sugar Fixe Patisserie**

No comments:

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails