Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Macarons and a 22 Hour Plane Ride

Tomorrow I am going on vacation. A long vacation. Two and a half weeks to be exact. Cambodia and Thailand here I come. Ancient ruins, beautiful landscapes, scuba diving, amazing food, and 100-degree weather are all in my very near future. Oh, and a 22 hour plane trip. Ugh. Hope Korea Airlines is well stocked with those cute little mini bottles of wine.

Before I go, I wanted to share the last of the three desserts I made for the wedding shower festivities. A third try at macaron making has put me even closer to the finish line of macaron-mastery.

In this version, ground dried raspberries were blended into the batter and vanilla beans were added to the buttercream. It was a delicious combination and one that I would make again in an instant. Once more, I shall defer you to the master of macarons herself for the recipe, but I assure you, I am getting close to my own version and will shout it from the rooftops (and post it here) when I do finally nail it down.

I look forward to getting back and firing up the stove and sharing some pictures with you, but until then: râat-dtree sà-wàt (goodnight) and chum riep leah (goodbye).

1 comment:

Heavenly Housewife said...

These are some great looking macs, with a beautiful texutre on the inside. Good job!
*kisses* HH

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails